Mr. Abdallah Sheik is a seasoned business owner born in Beirut, Lebanon. He came to the United States in 1985 to attend college. He graduated with a Bachelor followed by a Master Degree in Engineering in 1992. Mr. Sheik served as the Director of Information Technology for Giordano’s Pizza in Chicago, Illinois from 1995-2000. He also served as the Chief Information Officer for Church’s Chicken’s largest Franchisee, Alcon Holdings. Mr. Sheik continues to be a leader in business and entrepreneurship. In 2004, he founded Captain Jay’s Enterprises (a chain of fish and chicken markets) for which he also serves as the CEO.
Mr. Sheik is also the Founder and CEO of BTI Telecommunication, Inc. and Founder President of the pharmaceutical research company, Mega med USA. Mr. Sheik has also been significantly involved in leading numerous community based organizations. He is the Co-Founder and member of the American Arab & Muslim Leadership Council (AMLC), and Co-Founder and President of the American Arab & Muslim Political Action Committee (AMPAC).
The AMLC has been organized as exclusively for charitable, religious, educational, and scientific purposes under Section 501(c) (3) of the Internal Revenue Code, or corresponding section of any future federal tax code.
The AMLC was incorporated in December 2015, in Dearborn, Michigan by a group of community leaders in the Detroit Metro area, due to the lack of sufficient services to the community, specially refugees, and the lack of emphasis on youth empowerment and leadership. AMLC’s vision is empowering the youth to have a leading role in their communities, as well as offering needed services to the disfranchised members of the community.
The AMLC is organized as a directorship organization dedicated to the empowerment of American Arab & Muslim community to defend their constitutional, civil, and human rights. The AMLC has been created more specifically, but and not exclusively, to
- Provide economic, social, and educational services to the community; empower the youth to assume their leadership role, thus advancing their positions in contribution to their communities.
- Ensure that the interests and concerns of the American Arab & Muslim community in the US, and particularly in Michigan, are represented, understood and respected.
- Raise awareness among the American public, Michiganders in particular, the Arab & Muslim community’s values, history, culture, faith and contributions to Western Civilization.
- Act as an advocacy group to promote fair U.S Policies and better understanding of the issues pertaining to the American Arab & Muslim community.
- Coordinate and collaborate with other organizations having similar objectives.
Serve as the community’s effective voice and as the distinguishable structure accountable to advance the communities’ interests through empowering & mobilizing, the grass roots, across all political, social, and economic domains, activities, including those pertaining to civil and human rights.
People of Michigan are empowered to create opportunities for themselves, especially by unleashing the youth’s potential to create positive changes
- Develop Leadership of young Americans
- Establish community leadership in the revitalization of Wayne County, with a particular focus on Dearborn and Detroit.
- Improve the standing of Dearborn/Detroit community in American society.
- Increase the capacity of AMLC to deliver our Mission and Vision.